Habukareta No Waza (Old Preserved Waza)
In 1982 on the 100th anniversary of the Kokokan, eight traditional throws that were orignally part of the Gokyo no Waza that was devised in 1895 were reinstated. These eight reinstated throws are the Habukareta no Waza (old preserved techniques).
1. Obi-Otoshi (帯落) (Belt Drop)
2. Seoi-Otoshi (背負落) (Shoulder Drop)
3. Yama-Arashi (山嵐) (Mountain Storm)
4. Osoto-Otoshii (大外落) (Major Outer Drop)
5. Daki-Wakari (抱分) (High Separation)
6. Hikikomi-gaeshi (引込返) (Pulling-in Reversal)
7. Tawara-gaeshi (俵返) (Rice-bag Reversal)
8. Uchi-Makikomi (内巻込) (Inner Wraparound)
Shimmeisho No Waza
In 1982 on the 100th anniversary of the Kokokan, a number of additional newer techniques, that were not part of the original Gokyo no Waza were also recognised. These are known as the Shimmeisho no Waza (new techniques). There are currently twenty Shimmeisho no Waza.